A great visual for fractions is to use Visnos.com's Virtual Fraction Wall.
In order to see the colors on the wall make sure to select the red, yellow, blue, green icon next to the word fraction at the top.
A few items to pint out...
- if you select one or more fraction bars you will see the new fraction on the right side
- if you want your wall to go to 12s make sure to choose mixed (top of the site) and change it to large
- you can also select 2s, 3s, 5s, and primes in the same location
- if you would like a random wall make sure to select the die
- you can also hide the fraction on the right so students would have to "guess" what each fraction is showing
- if you want to show simplified, percentage, or decimal make sure to choose the area where it says fraction
- I really like choosing fraction and then the EQ (equivalent) then select something like 1/2 and the rest of the fraction board will show what is equivalent to 1/2
Embedded below is a 1 minute and 51 second YouTube tutorial.
Post a Comment