While Google Photos can do a lot - it can't do a slideshow without a little bit of help.
Here are the steps I used to create a slideshow with audio. Of course there are other ways - but this was one way to do it.
- I found photos in the Google Photos and then selected the plus in the upper right and created an animation.
- The created animation is in a GIF format and moves quite quickly.
- I then opened EZgif.com
- selected resize
- chose my file and uploaded it
- chose speed and slowed it down to 50% and saved it
- I then used WeVideo to upload my slowed down animation
- Finally, I used BenSound for my audio.
Embedded below is a 3 minute and 17 second YouTube tutorial.