Visnos.com has an amazing resource available to learn how to recognize acute, obtuse, reflex and right angles called Time, Angles & Fractions
When you open the site you will see a clock set at 7:58 PM. Below are some items I wanted to highlight:
- In the upper right of the screen you can see how you can toggle off the site showing the time as well as if you would like to use the 12 hour clock or the 24 hour clock.
- To adjust the time simply drag the circle near the top of either the minute or hour hand.
- If you look at the bottom of the right side you will see the elapsed time.
- Once you reset you can then select the die and it will give you a random time with showing the elapsed time.
- If you would like to show angles simply select the grey time and you will see a drop down menu of Time, Fractions, Angle, and Style.
- When you select Angles you will see the angles between the minute and hour hand with the ability to measure with a protractor.
- Choose the angle underneath and you will see the actual measurement.
- You may want to change to thin hands.
- Now try changing the measurement to minute to hour.
- When you choose fractions you can drag the circle and adjust the number of pieces the clock is in.
- When you choose style you can change the background, minute, hour hand, etc.
A great way to teach the clock as well as have them be able to see angles and fractions.
Embedded below is a 2 minute and 8 second YouTube tutorial.
Post a Comment