Be Internet Awesome: a new way to encourage digital safety and citizenship. The Be Internet Awesome site features a game called Interland
. In this imaginary world of four lands, kids combat hackers, phishers, oversharers and bullies, practicing the skills they need to be good digital citizens.
Be Internet Awesome focuses on five key lessons to help kids navigate the online world with confidence:
Be Internet Smart: Share with care
Be Internet Alert: Don’t fall for fake
Be Internet Strong: Secure your secrets
Be Internet Kind: It's cool to be kind
Be Internet Brave: When in doubt, talk it out
there are 4 Kingdoms:
1. Kind Kingdom - It's Cool to be Kind
2. Reality River - Don't Fall for Fake
3. Mindful Mountain - Share With Care
4. Tower of Treasure - Secure Your Secrets
Embedded below are 4 GIFs
- Kind Kingdom in which the user must collect hearts and share with others (Positive Influence), block bully behavior (Bully Blocker), and speak up against bullying (Righteous Reporter)
- Reality River in which the user is presented with 10 scenarios (questions) to answer properly.
- Tower of Treasure where you must collect lower case, numbers, and upper-case letters to create a secure password.
- Mindful Mountain where you must share properly. Basically there are mirrors placed throughout a game board and you must aim properly so items are shared with just who you should share with.
The game took me each about 5 minutes to complete. A few items to point out - you need to press the space bar to send "hearts", the bullies can "get you" and you lose some points, to move around use your arrows to go left and right and to jump press the up arrow.
Tower of Treasure -