- In order to create a new folder make sure to right click on the Drive folder and then create your new folder (see picture below).
- Use that Google Drive File stream to automatically save your files! No need to save to my documents, just File>Save as>Google Drive File Stream!
In the district where I work Google File Stream has been made available for all users. This is amazing as there is unlimited storage in their Drive.
Please note this is different than Google's Backup and Sync - as Backup and Sync instantly backups and syncs new files from the particular folders you wish. If you would like this option - please reach out to your admin or download to your personal computer.
Embedded below is a 3 minute and 14 second YouTube tutorial. Please note that if you want to add folders/files make sure to drag directly into the Drive folder (please note you cannot drag to a shortcut)
SUBJECT: Google Drive just got easier for you and your team
We’re pleased to announce Drive File Stream, a new application for your Mac or PC. Use Drive File Stream to access all your Google Drive files from your computer while using less disk space and decreasing sync time.
How does it work?
With Drive File Stream, you can:
- Quickly see Drive files in Finder/Explorer.
- Browse and organize Drive files without downloading all of them to your computer.
- Choose which files or folders you'd like to make available offline.
- Open files in common apps like Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop.
Post a Comment