- makes your post available to more users
- Captions let viewers watch your video in more places
- According to a study by the United Kingdom’s Ofcom, 80% of people who watch video with closed captions on are not deaf or hard of hearing. One major reason why people use captions is due to their environment.
- Boosts views as well
If you would like to have your YouTube videos to include closed captioning here are the steps:
- enter into your video manager and select Subtitles/CC
- set your language
- select language (English in my example)
- select Edit
- check the transcript (edit where necessary)
- publish edits
- go back to Info / Settings
- in the tags field enter in the proper tags to go along with your video to make it available as well as one major tip
- yt:cc=on this will force closed captioning for all users when they select your video
Embedded below is a 2 minute and 3 second YouTube tutorial (with captions)!