In order for the captions to load on Facebook follow these steps * note Twitter does not allow as of the date of this post (4/19/2018).
- In YouTube's video manager select Subtitles/CC
- Select English/Automatic
- Select Actions (left side) and then select the .srt file
- Make sure you download the video to your computer
- Enter into your page on Facebook and add the video
- On the right you have some choices under subtitles and captions (cc)
- select the video language
- you can have Facebook auto-generate them or write them in yourself
- or you can upload the .srt file from YouTube
- you will need to rename the file with the name of the file and then .en_US.srt
- example = captions.en_US.srt
- Select Publish and you are good to go
Embedded below is a 2 minute and 8 second YouTube tutorial.