You can create a video anywhere from 15 seconds to 10 minutes and while you can use Flipgrid with your class to respond, you do not have to.
A few quick tips.
- Log in to Flipgrid
- Go through the steps of creating your Grid
- name it whatever works for you
- You will now need to create your topic
- Name the topic what you would like
- Look to the right and select anywhere from 15 seconds to 10 minutes
- Type in whatever you need for the prompt (in the example below I just used hi because no-one but you will see the information in the Grid or topic)
- Make sure to then select create topic
- A pop up will occur letting you know that your topic has been created.
- You can close that pop-up and scroll down and look for record a response.
- Choose the green +
- Record your response
- click the arrow when previewing the video
- take a selfie
- rename your name (if applicable)
- Select Submit video and then complete
- You will now see the ability to send the video (look for a rocket - see below)
- Choose the rocket, copy the URL, I recommend openning an Incognito Window and pasting it in there (this shows what the video would look like for someone like a family member).
- You are now ready to share the video where you would like to.
- Of course there are so many uses for Flipgrid, but this is a great way to start!
Embedded below is a 2 minute and 5 second YouTube tutorial.