In order to make this happen as a teacher you will need to follow these steps:
- Access your student roster
- select send invite under Remote Access Status and type in parent/guardian email address
- Families will receive an email
- they will need to create an account
- They will then need to add their child
- Then, the parent/guardian will need to select Parent (upper right of account)
- Choose Connect to Your Teacher
- Paste the Classroom Code (in their email)
- As a teacher you will need to go back to your student roster
- select Approve next to the student(s)
- it is green
- Families will receive an email stating that the request has been granted
- Students can access the 40,000 books and videos free of charge 24 hours a day (until June 30, 2020)
Embedded below is a 2 minute and 50 second YouTube tutorial showing all the steps. Teacher, parent/guardian, and student point-of-view.
Take care and thank you Epic!