Embedded below is a GIF followed by a 52 second YouTube tutorial as well as information revolving around SMMRY.
Below is more information that is available in the "About" section:
SMMRY (pronounced SUMMARY) was created to summarize articles and text.
SMMRY's mission is to provide an efficient manner of understanding text, which is done primarily by reducing the text to only the most important sentences. SMMRY accomplishes its mission by:
• Ranking sentences by importance using the core algorithm.
• Reorganizing the summary to focus on a topic; by selection of a keyword.
• Removing transition phrases.
• Removing unnecessary clauses.
• Removing excessive examples.
The core algorithm summarizes in 7 simple steps:
1) Associate words with their grammatical counterparts. (e.g. "city" and "cities")
2) Calculate the occurrence of each word in the text.
3) Assign each word with points depending on their popularity.
4) Detect which periods represent the end of a sentence. (e.g "Mr." does not).
5) Split up the text into individual sentences.
6) Rank sentences by the sum of their words' points.
7) Return X of the most highly ranked sentences in chronological order.