A few reasons why I like Hippo Video:
- Easy of use
- Ability to record your full screen, tab, webcam (show or hide), change video resolution, show markup tools
- Markup tools - ability to pause, stop, highlight, draw, focus/spotlight, as well as an eraser and clear screen ability
- When you stop recording you can edit the file easily
- Trim, crop, add text, add emojis, as well as callouts (please see note below)
- Add titles, tags, description
- Share to Facebook, Twitter, Google Classroom, as well as embed
- Ability to store videos and easily find your recordings
- Their site has numerous instructional GIFs and tutorials to help you along your way as well as areas to ask questions and be in contact with a rep.
** One item to point out - while the site is free, the ability to add emojis, advanced editing, etc does come at a cost ($15 a year). However, the free extension is amazing and while there are times that a video needs to be longer than 5 minutes - 5 minutes should suffice. See embedded picture below for plans and cost if free version is not enough.
Embedded below is Hippo Video's tutorial as well as a is a 5 minute instructional video I created to show you the ins and outs of the site.
Here is the pricing plan if interested.
As always, any questions please let me know!