If you are planning on using Code.org for you and your students - here are a few tips.
- When you want to sign up for an account (or log in to your account) make sure to click on https://studio.code.org/users/sign_in
- In my example I used Google, of course use what you need. Once you have completed your sign in make sure to scroll down to Classroom Sections.
- You will see any sections (including archived ones).
- When you create a new section you will see the following (I chose Google Classroom)
- Once you choose how you want your students to sign in you will then need to edit your section details (don't worry you can always adjust by selecting the gear to the far right).
- A rule of thumb for the courses is A=Kindergarten, B= 1st, C=2nd, and so on.
- When you are ready to place the information for your students to sign in, I recommend the following links to be available for them:
- how your students will sign in to their account
- important for students to be able to choose the course they would like. This is very important if they have used Code.org in the past and they are "stuck" on an old course.
- a list of hundreds of available coding activities by grade
Post a Comment