So how can this be fixed? I have created an example that uses Eric Curts's "Build a Snowman" example.
If you would like - at the end of this post there is an embedded 1 minute and 21 second YouTube tutorial (also available clicking here).
Here are the 6 steps followed by a GIF for each of the 3 sections (make sure you select Make a Copy of the file you would like to share).
- Make sure to select the Blue Share button (right side has lock on it)
- Click get shareable link (this will copy the link to your clipboard)
- Paste the link in a new tab and remove anywhere from edit on and replace with copy. Make sure to copy the link
4. Open up Google Classroom
5. Create an announcement
6. Type in a subject, paste (ctrl v) the link you made and Post!
1. They will need to select File - make a copy.
2. Rename the document (it is now there file)
Embedded below is a GIF of the whole process followed by a 1 minute and 21 second YouTube tutorial.